Chinese Noodle and Vegetable Salad
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 head Foxy iceberg lettuce,
shredded, or 1 bunch Foxy*
romaine hearts, torn into
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 cups Foxy broccoli florets
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup bias-sliced celery
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground
1/4 cup chopped red or green
1 cup crisp chow mein noodles
Campari Tomato and Mango Slaw
8-10 Eurofresh Farms Campari tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch strips
2 mangoes, ripe but still a little firm, peeled, sliced thin and cut into
fine julienne strips*
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
1/8 teaspoon seeded and very finely chopped habanero pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and toss lightly, being
careful not to mash the tomatoes.
2. Marinate for 1 hour before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.
* If the mango isn’t sweet, add a sprinkle of sugar while tossing.
1. To prepare dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Cover and process until well blended. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, broccoli, mushrooms, celery,
carrot and bell pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well to coat.
3. Spoon salad onto 4 plates. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.