Chipotle Ranch Chicken Salad
6 4-ounce boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle-chile seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 ear of yellow corn
1 16-ounce bag Ready Pac* Grand Fiesta complete salad
1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
3/4 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat grill.
2. Place chicken in a large plastic bag and sprinkle with a mixture of
chipotle seasoning and salt. Close the bag and shake lightly to evenly
coat the chicken. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to allow the seasoning to
permeate chicken pieces.
3. Grill seasoned chicken over an open flame for 3-5 minutes on each side.
4. Grill corn for 3-5 minutes. When done, remove corn kernels from the
cob with a knife.
5. Meanwhile, open the bag of salad and set aside topping and
6. In a large salad bowl, combine grilled corn kernels, avocado, onions,
beans, tomatoes and cilantro with chipotle ranch salad dressing from the
dressing packet. Mix well.
7. Add salad greens and toss lightly to coat. Mound the salad greens mixture
on 6 chilled salad plates.
8. Slice chicken breasts in strips and place on the salads.
9. Sprinkle salads lightly with four cheese blend and chile lime tortilla
chips from the topping packets. Makes 6-8 servings.
Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.
I Salads and Soups
Crunchy Chicken Salad
BEST BRANDS CORP. 5
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1/3 cup diced celery
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
(or canned pineapple tidbits, well drained)
1/2 cup red grapes, halved
1 cup Kirkland Signature Granola Snack Mix,
coarsely chopped with a knife
6 lettuce leaves
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate
and salt until well blended.
2. Add chicken, celery, green onions, pineapple, grapes and granola.
Lightly toss until the salad ingredients are well coated with the dressing.
3. Chill for at least 1 hour.
4. To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate. Top with chicken salad.
If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped granola. Makes 6 servings.