Tomato and Burrata Cheese Sandwich
LA BREA BAKERY6
1 La Brea Bakery French Demi Baguette
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
1 medium heirloom tomato
Freshly ground black pepper
3 ounces fresh burrata cheese
1. Preheat the outdoor grill with all the burners set to medium heat
and the lid down until very hot, 10-15 minutes.
2. Slice baguette in half lengthwise. Brush the insides with olive oil.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low and place the baguette on the
grill, cut side down. Toast until it has light grill marks.
4. Cut garlic clove in half and rub over the cut side of the bread.
5. Spread both sides of the bread with pesto.
6. Cut tomato into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices and layer on the bottom
half of the baguette. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Arrange burrata evenly over tomatoes. Season to taste with salt
8. Close the sandwich and cut in half. Makes 1 serving.
Tip: Burrata is an extra-creamy fresh mozzarella. If you can’t find it,
substitute fresh whole-milk mozzarella.